28 October 2009

fall is finally here!

I finished another started-over-the-summer project. It's a string quilt (sew & flip style). I just picked some fabrics and started sewing, making it up as I went along. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! It doesn't have any batting between the front and back layers of fabric, so I don't know whether it's technically a quilt... ? Anyway, this blanket is a gift for a lovely couple I know, and I hope they like it! The weather has been so wonderful recently, I absolutely love fall! Trying to get this picture was a little tough, because it's been so windy.


Can you see the changing leaves behind me? YAY!

I've been dying to make one of these lately. I saw a pillow a couple years ago at Anthropologie that looked really similar. I bookmarked it online thinking I would try my hand at making one (Anthropologie is awesome, but I'm not spending $88 on a pillow). But it must be buried in my excessively long list of bookmarked stuffs because I can't find it now, so I was glad to come across this lovely tutorial.

This never gets old. ever ever ever.

No comments: