18 February 2010

not a good day

Hello folks
I'm writing this post in an effort to truly blog about everything that happens in my life - not just the positive. Last night I had to make a trip to the ER for some weird allergic reaction I had. My eyes were swollen about halfway shut (which has actually happened before, I was advised to take Claritin every day, and if it happened again and my throat started feeling tight to go to the ER). So, I of course took my Claritin yesterday like a good girl. But around 4:30 my eyes started swelling. When my throat started feeling puffy as well, I decided we should go. It's scary, and I hate it. ...Luckily we have some savings (I've been able to work more this semester, as I'm only taking my last two classes), to pay for the ER visit and a forthcoming visit to an allergist (since I have no idea what I'm allergic to). Blech. Not a good day.

But on a happier note, anyone noticed that Teddy Grahams have belly buttons? It makes that much more delicious I say. : )
-claire

P.S. Looking forward to some major crafting this weekend. major.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

I have allergies too :(
but at least I know what I'm allergic too! (tree nuts)

I'm sorry that you had to go to the ER--that place stinks.

And ah teddy grahams! the chocolate ones are my favorite :)

Amy T Schubert said...

I totally thought you were going to say you're allergic to Teddy Grahams .... that would have been SAD!
xo

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I too have some allergies. Nuts, be very careful there. My friends daughter had the same thing happen to her and it was nuts that did it.

Claire said...

:) Amy don't even say it aloud! I would give up Teddy Grahams if I had to... but that would be a sad day.

Morganism said...

Oh, my dear. I am sorry! It reminds me of my childhood. My father was deathly allergic to bee stings and carried around an epi pen in case of emergency. I would have nightmares about having to stab my father in the leg as he lay there. Eeek. <3

Follow me, friend! We are Indie Business classmates!
www.fitsandstartsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Amarettogirl said...

Such a sad day and as a creative you were still able to see something wonderful today- a teddy graham's bellybutton! yay for those little things that make our heart smile! Well nice to virtually meet you! I'm another classmate from your Indie 2.0 class :))
You can find me at:
http://amarettogirl.squarespace.com/
Hope to have a wonderful exchange in class and to get to know more about you - and what it in the world it was that you are allergic to!

Esch House Quilts said...

Just saw this today - I am so sorry about your allergy and the ER visits! I hope they figure out what it is quickly. I hope you have felt well enough to sew!